Meet the trainer
Personal Trainers in Bury St Edmunds, Local Towns & Villages
I’m Peter, Personal Trainer, Performance Nutritionist and owner of PMA Personal Training. With a background in Martial Arts and Natural Bodybuilding, I initially qualified as a Gym Instructor in 2001.
In March 2015 I became fully self employed, working as an in home personal trainer in Norfolk and Suffolk.
What Experience Does Peter Have In the Fitness Industry?
- 2001-2006: Gym Instructor and Personal Trainer at The Suffolk Golf and Country Club and Clarice House, Bury St Edmunds
- 2006-2007: Fitness & health lecturer for Norfolk and Suffolk Adult Education
- 2007-2015: NHS Physiotherapy Assistant at Thetford Healthy Living Centre
- 2007-Present: Cardiac Rehabilitation Exercise Instructor for Upbeat Heart Support West Suffolk
- 2015-Present: Freelance Kettlebell Instructor for Kettlebell Classes Thetford
What Makes Peter at PMA Personal Training Unique from Other Personal Trainers in Norfolk and Suffolk?
- Post Graduate Diploma (Level 7) in Sport and Exercise Nutrition with Distinction (accredited by SENr and The AfN).
- Currently studying the MSc in Sport and Exercise Nutrition at the University of Roehampton.
- Advanced knowledge of the effects and limitations of endurance and high intensity exercise, combined with nutrition for real world people, elite athletes and clients with a range of medical conditions.
- 20 years experience working in the fitness industry.
What Is Peter’s Pledge To You?
To deliver an inclusive Premium service, incorporating the most fun and effective training sessions, aligned with evidence based nutrition coaching and advice.
Qualifications & Specialisms (certificates available on request)
- Personal Trainer (CYQ) L3
- Advanced Boxercise, KickBoxercise, Kids, Muhammad Ali Pads
- Yoga Teacher Diploma (CYQ) L3
- Applied Nutrition & Supplementation & Behaviour Change (Nutrition Academy) L3
- Kettlebell Cert (LKA)
- ViPR LMT 1 Cert (FitPro)
- Diploma in Swedish Massage (VTCT) L3
- Pre/Post Natal Cert (Active IQ) L3
- Cardiac Rehabilitation (BACPR) L4
- GP Exercise Referral (CYQ) L3
- Nutrition (Diet Specialist) L3,4
- Chair Based Exercise (CYQ) L2
- MittMaster L1
- Advanced Modern Apprenticeship in Sport & Recreation (City & Guilds) L3
- Emergency First Aid at Work (FAA Awards)
- Public Indemnity Insurance (Balens LTD)
- DBS Check (Enhanced Disclosure)
- Post Graduate Diploma (with Distinction) in Performance Nutrition (Institute of Performance Nutrition) L7 – 125 Credits
- TRX Suspension Trainer Qualification
- Sport and Exercise Nutrition (University of Roehampton) MSc – (current study)
PMA personal training is an in-home personal trainer company in Bury St Edmunds and surrounding areas focused on client results.
Here at PMA Personal Training I’ve many clients who admit that they would not attend a gym at all. They looked at many personal trainers in Bury St Edmunds and decided on PMA, because Peter does home visits.
Now they are able to commit long term to exercise and so they access the many health and fitness benefits of working with a professional and they are able to change their appearance.
I understand that there are many companies offering personal training in Newmarket and across Suffolk and Norfolk these days, which is why I’m committed to offering the best possible service to you.
My multidimensional packages are designed to give you the best results, whilst enjoying the sessions. These include Boxercise Speed Pads, Kick Boxercise, Kettlebells, ViPR and Yoga.
I offer full diet coaching where I’ll provide a psychometric test to assess your readiness to change and identify any barriers to weight loss.
I pride myself on helping those people who do not normally enjoy regular exercise and helping them go from finding it boring to actually looking forward to and having fun in their sessions!
You will feel your clothes sizes reducing as you gain more energy and there are many other benefits to personal training in your home.
These include improved bone density, lowered cholesterol, improvements in blood pressure and ability to go about your every day tasks such as gardening easier.
My in-home personal training service will travel to your home in Newmarket, Bury St Edmunds, Thetford and other areas in Suffolk and South Norfolk.
I am government approved, DBS checked and I hold public liability insurance to the sum of £6,000,000 and have current First Aid and Resuscitation certificates
Peter loves new projects!
Let's get started.
Do you feel you are ready to start your journey to improved fitness, well being and quality of life? Get in touch to find out more and book your initial consultation and find out why our personal trainers in Bury St Edmunds and surrounding areas are the sensible choice.